Ananda Sukarlan NFT Piano Competition is the first worldwide classical piano competition with the purpose of being listed as NFT. For this world premiere competition, Ananda Sukarlan specifically composed 53 Variations on Do-Mi-Sol with each variation depicting an event or an emotional happening of a year in his life. Out of 53 variations, 33 are...
Ananda Sukarlan NFT Piano Competition is the first worldwide classical piano competition with the purpose of being listed as NFT. For this world premiere competition, Ananda Sukarlan specifically composed 53 Variations on Do-Mi-Sol with each variation depicting an event or an emotional happening of a year in his life.
Out of 53 variations, 33 are recorded by Ananda Sukarlan himself and the other 20 are the subject of this competition and open to be recorded by young pianists of all nationalities, resulting 20 chosen winners whose performance will be minted as NFT.
ABOUT THIS NFT PIANO COMPETITION
- It is free of charge to join this piano competition.
- This piano competition is not live.
- Each participant only has to record a performance individually for participating on this competition.
- The record is about a performance of one variation that is chosen freely by the performer
her/himself based on 20 variations on Do-Mi-Sol composed by Ananda Sukarlan.
- The variations’ scores can be downloaded from this link:
Note: please pay attention which variation can be submitted ( see the information by the last chapter ).
- The recording must be sent to us at the latest on Tuesday, April 5th 2022.
- The participant must be born after February 14th 1994.
- The winning performance ( 20 chosen winners ) will be uploaded and sold as NFT on OpenSea. When the NFT is sold ( the price is set at 2 ETH ) then the winner will earn 10% of the price. Note : ETH ( Ethereum ) price at the moment can be found by googling “ethereum price”.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS NFT PIANO COMPETITION
To participate in this piano competition, a participant must record the performance individually.
– Prepare and send these 3 below:
1. Upload your performance video on Youtube and send to us the video link.
-The youtube video’s title is “Ananda Sukarlan NFT Do Mi Sol – title of variation – name of pianist”.
-The youtube video’s description must include “For the Ananda Sukarlan NFT competition, variations on Do Mi Sol number“.
-The youtube video must be publicly accessible ( not set in private ).
2. The raw performance video(s) in MP4 format.
3. A photo of identity that proves the age & nationality ( passport, identity card or driving license).
– Send them via GoogleDrive or WeTransfer to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
– Strongly recommended that the participant chooses the variation(s) that would best represent his/her technique and musicianship, e.g. not playing the easy variations for advanced pianist and not playing a too difficult variation for a beginner.
– A professional recording is not required even though it is recommended.The recording must be in video with a resolution of at least 720p, and with minimal background noise.
– The video must clearly show face and fingers.
– Edited and mixed videos will not be accepted.
– Every participant may submit more than 1 variation and there are no maximum number, but s/he can win with only a maximum of 2 variations ( in this case, it would be uploaded as 2 NFT ).
– The video recording of each variation must be taken in 1 take without cut. Cuts between different variations is permitted, and each variation should be uploaded as a separate video.
– All works are recommended, but not obligatory, to be played by heart ( no scores in front of the pianist ).
– The participants must agree that the Ananda Sukarlan Center has the right to manage their recording(s), including showing, using in a video and/or minting them as NFT in our partner’s NFT platform: METAROID.IO that will launch its NFT marketplace by the end of March 2022.
– The chosen winners will be announced on www.anandasukarlancenter.com.
– The chosen winners must have a crypto wallet and inform us ( through the email ) so that the prize could be transferred.
– Participants with Indonesian passport must dress in Indonesian nuances, for example batik ( smart casual ) or traditional costume. It is highly recommendable to feature something visual from their home country.
THE VARIATIONS THAT CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED
The variation scores can be downloaded from this google drive: https://bit.ly/3sXTHR3
These following variations are recorded already by the composer himself, so competitors CANNOT submit them :
- Sadness Becomes Her
- Call Me But Love
- December 2016
- Love Song no 2
- Fantasy on Indonesian Children Folksongs
- This Gentle Call is for You, my Love, for You (from some phrases of Walt Whitman’s poem)
- Boisterous Boys
- Ayo Mama
- Mini Rondo
- A Sad Tune
- Allegria Canonica
- Variations on Balonku
- Variations on Bintang Kecil
- Boisterous Boys
- She is Gone
- Fantasy on Lihat Kebunku
- Toccata on Naik Delman
- A Twilight Tryist
- Two Kaili Folksongs